Friday, August 30, 2013

So... Hello Again...

Yeah... *cough* let's completely ignore how I posted two things and then never posted again the entire school year.  Ha!

A lot of stuff happened last school year, and the blog really got put on the back burner.  I won't go into all of it, but let's just say, I started looking for a new job.  AND FOUND ONE!  So now I'm in a different school district, and I'm super happy where I am.  Now, I don't want you to think I got fired.  I was just working in an environment that I found hostile, and I really needed to get out of that situation for my own health.

Also, blogger is not the easiest website to get to work on the school computers.  It really will not load for me half the time.  So I will TRY MY BEST to keep up with the blog this year, but we will see.

So, more about my new job!  I am now teaching Art full time!  At my other school I was .8 Art and .2 Gifted and Talented.  Which I HATED.  I loved the kids, but I went to school to teach Art, not to be a classroom teacher.  And teaching the gifted kids is like being a classroom teacher (times 100!) because the kids are so smart and need that much extra work and motivation.  It was really sucking the life out of me having to go home and STUDY before I taught these kids a lesson each week.  So I'm very happy to finally just be doing what I am passionate about, which is Art and Art Club!

BUT!  I am between two schools.  I am at one school Monday and Tuesday, and I am at another school Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I'm fine with it right now, I've got two classrooms, and all the supplies I need.  I'm working with two great Lead Art Teachers who I've really clicked with and they are making it so much fun!  At one school, I was in danger of being ART ON A CART!!!!11!!1!!1!  But my lead over there made sure I had a space!  LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!

So hopefully this year I will have a TON of new lessons to share and we can chat about all the troubles of working between two schools and dragging your art supplies from the storage closet all the way down to the science lab to teach your lessons.  I'm looking forward to it actually!

I'm HAPPY about going to work for the first time in five years you guys!!!  HAPPY!!!

Some of the teachers invited me out for "carbs, sugars, and protein" after work today!  I will let you take from that what you will!  ;-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Testing comments...

Post a Comment